Monday, December 7, 2015

Hello, 30's!

Seriously?! Did anyone read my last two posts before this one? It was 5 years ago that I decided to start a blog about what I had to say or voice my opinions on life, if anyone was interested in reading about it. I'm sorry but that is the most arrogant thing I could have done at 25! Why didn't anyone slap me? Voice my opinions on life?! I'm 30 now and still don't know where to start. Come on, lady! You're not fooling anyone.

It lasted a whole DAY before I stopped. I suppose you can say that it's very telling about my ambition level, if you can rate it. I was so optimistic and care free. "Everything's great! Act Locally! Cupcakes!" I wouldn't be offended if you thought I sounded like I was high because most likely I was. Also, I think that's when I recently attended a Jason Mraz concert and that guy literally farts avocados and kale. I love the guy but rainbows and surfing are not going to get me by in life. And yes, I realize that now. Damn you, Jason Mraz.

Well, I guess I can catch you up on what you missed....(crickets)...I am in my 30's now. No kids and still have not married. I just ended my 5 year relationship with my French boyfriend. Now, I'm a bit generous calling it a relationship. I really should have called it this make believe story of undelivered promises. Do you know how sometimes in cartoons (if they still make them like they used to) where there's a carrot being dangled in front of a horse with blinders? I'm pretty sure it was something like that. Okay, okay. I know this is coming off as a bit bitter but hey it's my blog and it's your choice to read it or not. Thanks for reading! Please don't leave.

No, no. In all seriousness, I kind of wanted to start writing again because I just started putting myself out there after 5 years and it's SO depressing. I mean, my choices alone look older. Much older and I don't think that's fair because I personally think I look younger for my age. Not much, but a few years. You can at least give me that, right? But that is also aided by my immature attitude. Duh! And the baggage. People, you cannot imagine the baggage you think is out there. Its like shopping the As-Is section of Ikea. So I thought, "Hey! Why not share my dating experiences in my new decade with the world?" What a great idea, Rhea! Thanks, Rhea! *High Five*

So here's some backstory, a couple of months ago, I went on this all girl trip with a group of friends and family. Nothing big, just 5 girls having a relaxing weekend by the bay. Well, me being the youngest of the group, I'm thinking were going to have so much fun drinking wine and being silly girls. Not exactly. That weekend I found out 2 of my cousins are pregnant with the second child at the same time. More wine for me, please! I was ecstatic for them. I love babies and it's a great feeling to know that our family is growing. It also got me thinking. I'm pushing 30 and I decided a while back that I wanted to have a kid. Soon. I don't want to be too old before I finally push one out and I have my reasons. I don't want to be too old to not be able to keep up with them AND especially because I don't want to be the old mom in the classroom. Don't ask me why, I just don't want to be her, okay! It was then that I told my friends that they can set me up with whoever they would think would be a good match for me. I don't have to meet them, just tell me the minimum and they need to be taller and older then me. Now this is completely out of character for me. I'm really a do-it-yourselfer when it comes to anything really. Anytime anyone tries to tell me something, I always take it as a suggestion because I want to be able to decide for myself. I decided to put this out for their pleasure because I realized that I needed their help if I wanted to meet new people and stay on this kid plan of mine. After my dating announcement and hadn't heard from my team members, I decided to take things into my own hands...and joined Tinder. That's when shit got super real. Oh lordy!

And here I am. I'm okay sharing this with the vast world wide web because I'm positive that I am not the only one experiencing this life event. It would be great to share this with someone who is going through the same thing so we can laugh together. I invite you to enjoy this ride with me. It should be fun, right?

1 comment: